Wednesday, January 2, 2013

California

  New year, new state!  Justin and I are almost to our new home in Connecticut.  Our road trip back to the east coast has me reflecting back on our time spent in California.  I decided to make a list of my top five memories from Cali.  I have so many great ones and making this list was NOT easy, but here it is:

1) Big Bear
2) La Jolla
3) Disneyland
4) Yosemite
5) Wine Tasting

  Big Bear is small town charm at its best.  Eight thousand feet up the mountain I experienced my first hiking trip, fall leaves, warm fires, cool weather, delicious pizza, and quality time.  La Jolla is a picture perfect town ocean side with cliffs filled with seals.  Beautiful!  Disneyland California has always been on my bucket list.  I was a little nervous about going since Disneyland Paris was so disappointing.  However it was much better than the one in Paris, but of course Disney World is still my favorite : )  Yosemite caught me completely by surprise.  This was something added to our itinerary since we were making a trip up north and we thought we might as well stop there since we were going to be in the area.  I didn't expect to be that impressed but it ended up being my favorite part of our northern Cali trip.  Stunning is the word I would use to describe this National Park.  Now the last one I must admit that the actual wine tasting was not something I enjoyed.  We visited several wineries while in California and I have yet to find a wine that I like.  What I did like was the wineries themselves.  You can't help but feel calm and relaxed when you visit one.  We never went to a winery where the property grounds and view were not beautiful! 

Goodbye Cali, it's been fun!

Keep you posted,

<3 L

No comments:

Post a Comment