Sunday, January 27, 2013

Yankee Candle Village

  One of Justin's work friends told him that while we are here we should go to the Yankee Candle Village.  So today we went!  Yankee has two "village stores" which are their mecca stores filled with not only candles but a restaurant, a home decor, a Christmas land, toys, and much more.  One of them is in South Deerfield, MA and the other is in Williamsburg, VA.  We went to the one in Massachusetts.  It took us an hour to get through CT and to the store in MA.  Being able to travel through states that quickly is still something we are not used to.  When you get to store it is very overwhelming and they have someone at the door to give you a map to navigate through everything. 

 
  We went straight to the "make your own candle" section.  I made a jar candle and my mom dipped hers.  Justin watched : )  You could also make a wax hand if you wanted to.  I was a little disappointed to find that they had no vanilla wax beads so I had to get adventurous and try some new scents.  The recipe to my candle is 3 parts Pumpkin Patch, 1 part Very Berry, and 4 parts Cinnamon Cream.  They also had less than thrilling color options for dip your own candle so my mom ended up with a bright blue.  I suppose kids are their main audience and appreciate bright colors and scents like Confetti more than I do. ha ha  I was most excited about going through their Christmas store where they said it snows every four minutes.  I love playing in the snow and the thought of doing that while inside where it is warm was right up my alley.  The "snow" ended up being a soap suds machine.  So upsetting.  Just outside of the Christmas land is an adorable children's book section and then homemade fudge.  Yum!! Of course we got a box and filled it with original chocolate, chocolate peanut butter, and cookies and cream.  We smelled SO many different candles and by the time we left there it was hard to tell them apart.  I thought the man section was hilarious!  They had 2x4, touch down, man town, fresh cut grass, and bacon. 

 
I've been in hiding from the cold weather lately so today's trip was perfect for getting me out of the house.  Burr!!

Keep you posted,

<3 L

1 comment:

  1. LOL at the man section but that place sounds so cool! Definitely something to try! Reminds me of when we did those candles in that village place in MI along time ago!

    ReplyDelete