Friday, December 28, 2012

White Christmas

  I just got back from spending a week in Michigan with my family for Christmas.  Justin and Charlie were missed but it was great to see everyone.  We decorated the tree, baked cookies, played games, and made the best snowman we could out of the snow we had.  Since my grandparents live on the water the wind usually blows the snow out of their yard.  :(  I also worked very hard to keep my crown as hula hoop champ on the wii.  One of my favorite things was when my grandpa got out his old movie reel and showed us films he made from years ago.  We got to see my grandparents wedding day, their first Christmas, and my mom and her siblings growing up on different trips they took.  I guess traveling runs in the family!  That was really cool to see and it was amazing how much Olivia and I looked like our moms when they were little.




Thought I would share this recipe so you all stay warm : )

Hot Buttered Cider

3 cups apple cider
1/2 cup water
2 cinnamon sticks
10 whole cloves
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
pinch of salt
2 tablespoons lemon juice
3/4 cup spiced rum (optional)

In a medium saucepan, combine cider, water, cinnamon sticks, cloves, nutmeg, and salt.  Bring to a boil over medium heat.  Remove from heat, cover, and let sit for 15 minutes

Uncover, return to medium heat, and add butter.  Stir until melted.  Remove from heat, stir in lemon juice and rum if desired.  Remove cinnamon sticks and cloves.  Enjoy!

  Justin and I leave in two days for our new home in Connecticut!!  Looking forward to exploring a new part of the country and making new memories.

Keep you posted,

<3 L

1 comment: