Sunday, January 6, 2013

06010

  Two-thousand nine-hundred seventy-nine miles and four time zones later we have arrived at our new home in Bristol, CT.  I remember when Cara first moved to Boston and her zip code started with a zero, I thought that was so weird.  Now ours does too!!  Bristol is interesting so far.  The town is very small and we are just starting to locate everything we need in town.  The grocery store here is called "Big Y" and every time you check out you play a slot game to earn silver coins.  These coins can then later be turned in for free things like bread.  Very strange but kinda fun to play.  I was less than thrilled to find out we have no washer and dryer, microwave, garbage disposal, or ice maker at our new apartment.  These are probably things most people have had to do without before but I have been spoiled.  However we do have two very nice neighbors that are brothers, one works at ESPN the other is applying for a job with the Bristol Police Department.  They already stopped by to give Charlie a toy.  Bristol is actually home of ESPN which Justin and I stopped by to see today!
 

  While taking our road trip over here we first stopped in Denver, CO.  We drove through the rocky mountains and had our first experience with 5 degree weather. Burr!! Next we stopped in Chicago, which is a city I love.  Justin had never been and I was so excited to show him around.  Well the trip turned out to be an epic FAIL.  When we got there we learned our hotel only allowed small dogs so we had to sneak Charlie in and out of our room.  Then we walked all the way to see the Bean and watch ice skaters when security told us dogs weren't allowed in the park.  Now that is just the craziest thing I have ever heard.  Dogs belong in parks, especially in the city where they have no where else to go.  Then I found out the carriage rides allow dogs on them as well, but they were closed for new year (of course).  So we ended up eating Chicago hot dogs and stuffed pizza in our hotel room while watching Law and Order marathons for two days.  Needless to say Justin was not impressed and I must take him back another time without the little one so he can really see what the city has to offer.  On our way to my Aunt Susan's house we went through Gary, Indiana because I wanted to see Michael Jackson's childhood home.  I can't believe they fit two adults and nine children in that tiny little two bedroom house.  While at my aunts house in PA Charlie got to run, run, run.  She also had her first spill on ice and now she is more careful.  I have to say that it is good to be back on the east coast again!! We've missed you east coasters : )
 
 
Keep you posted

<3 L

No comments:

Post a Comment