Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Temecula

 Temecula is the wine country of southern California.  They specialize in white wines, which I appreciate since it is the only kind of wine I sort of like.  My mom introduced me to Moscato while having dinner at Carrabba's one night and it was the first wine that I ever tried and didn't want to spit  right back out.  I have tried many kinds since and still no luck.  Justin has always had the same feelings toward wine that I have until we did a wine tasting in Paris this Summer.  He liked everything, including red!  (yuck)

 We did two wine tastings last week and the first one was at Danza Del Sol.  This is a very small vineyard with a quiet tasting room with friendly staff.  We each tried five different kinds of wines and both ended up with a favorite.  Mine was a sweet white, of course, and Justin's a red.  We took a bottle of each home and headed to the next tasting.  Wilson Creek Winery is a gorgeous place to spend a day outside and sits on acres and acres of land.  We had lunch at their restaurant, Creekside Grille, before doing our second tasting.  The area is very relaxing with many different spots to enjoy wine.  Our favorite was under a cabana with great views of the vineyards, resident golden retrievers and of course the mountains.  While we liked the wine at Danza Del Sol better, this place was by far the best to spend time at.

 After our tastings we did a horse back riding tour through a few vineyards in the area.  Wine, horses, sunset all sounded so romantic to me until I met my horse Carter.  Carter had different plans in mind for how to spend his evening and I was along for the ride.  He loved eating the grapes off the vine even though he wasn't supposed to.  He also hated being in the back of the group.  So he would stop and get his fill of grapes and then gallop past all the other nice horses so he could be in the front again.  This process continued for the whole tour leading to my love/hate relationship with Carter, such a personality!  When I woke up the next day I could hardly move.  My butt hurt so bad and so did my back.  Muscles hurt that I didn't even  know I had.  We certainly had a lot of fun that day, just not what we thought it was going to be.  Another one to add to the memory book that we are creating during this adventure!


Disneyland, CA

 Finally the time came that we went to Disneyland!! This was the one thing I was most excited about when I found out we were moving to California.  After visiting Disneyland Paris this summer and being very disappointed in it, I was a little nervous that this trip would end the same way.  I was so impressed however and could not stop grinning at all the fall decorations Disney has up right now.  We tried a few rides that we don't have back home, as well as the usual (Buzz Lightyear, Peter Pan, Pirates of the Carribbean, etc).  The one I loved the most there was Haunted Mansion, which was decorated in a "Nightmare Before Christmans" theme.  The decorations they did for this ride were some of the best Halloween decorations I have seen in Disney history, which is saying a lot.  I was SO SO SO impressed and could have ridden it ten times and still not seen everything, amazing.  We left that day thrilled for fall, pumpkin carving and Halloween!  Now that we have been to Disneyworld, Disneyland Paris, and Disneyland California all that's left is Hong Kong and Tokyo and my Disney bucket list will be complete.

 
Keep you posted,
 
<3 L

No comments:

Post a Comment